Intensive Course Training for Trainers Life Beyond Tourism®
Life Beyond Tourism®
The intensive Life Beyond Tourism® Training for Trainers course provides a 5-day high-level professional preparation for education, tourism and heritage professionals willing to upgrade their specialization with the Life Beyond Tourism® philosophy and movement.
At the end of the course participants will receive a certificate enabling to teach Life Beyond Tourism® in their own institution valid for one year.
The course consists of 4 major phases aimed at enabling participants to incorporate the Life Beyond Tourism® philosophy and Model into their regular educational and didactic activity.
1. Preliminary individual preparation
2. Intense Training
A) Theoretical part
• Current tourism paradigm and sustainability; risks and opportunities of the global travel industry; ethical perspectives on Tourism according to the guidelines by UNWTO, UNESCO and other major international organizations
• Life Beyond Tourism® Movement and philosophy: historic background and origins; from theory to practice, from practice to certification and educational programme
• The role of the Life Beyond Tourism® Learning Communities for participatory best practices and enhancement of territories
• Life Beyond Tourism® in the global context
B) Practical part
• Model Life Beyond Tourism® and its components: Non-Profit Cultural Portal and cultural-economic network of booking services portals with a Florence pilot scheme
• Methodology and educational techniques for the use of the portals and strategic activation of on one’s own territory
• Certification Life Beyond Tourism® for the Quality Management System for Intercultural Dialogue: conceptual basis, levels, requirements and process of attainment. It is an innovative certification system for intercultural dialogue (DTC-LBT:2018) addressed to economic and cultural operators, to certify in a transparent and measurable way their contribution to the intercultural dialogue and to differentiate itself from the other competitors
3. Drafting a personal Life Beyond Tourism® training proposal. Its presentation, evaluation by the jury and final conclusions
4. Certification, post-course advancement and recertification
The course lasts 5 days for a total of 30 hours of training
€ 800 for the signatories of the Memorandum of Understanding with the Fondazione Romualdo Del Bianco®
€ 800 for the signatories of the “2015 Life Beyond Tourism® Declaration of Auspices for UNESCO”
Free participation for the Experts of the Fondazione Romualdo Del Bianco®
The planned sessions for the year 2018/2019 are:
October 22-26, 2018
January 28 – February 1, 2019
June 17-21, 2019
The course is aimed at teachers and professionals, who will follow a yearly updates.
The course will be activated with a minimum number of 5 participants.